1. Information We Collect and How We Use It
We may store the information you submit to or through the Site, as well as information we collect in connection with your use of the Site.
We use the information to fulfill your requests, provide the Site’s functionality, improve the Site’s quality, personalize your experience, track usage of the Site, provide feedback to businesses that are listed on the Site, display relevant advertising, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems and allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Site, and comply with legal obligations.
Among the information we collect, please note:
1. Account Information: If you create an account on The Speed Shop Source, we may store and use your full name, email address, zip code and other information you may provide with your account, such as your gender and birth date. Your first name and last initial, as well as any photo you submit through the registration process, will be publicly displayed as part of your account profile. You can modify some of the information associated with your account. If you feel that an unauthorized account has been created depicting you or your likeness, you can request its removal.
2. Public Content: The information that you post to the Site is intended for public consumption, including your reviews, tips, photos, check-ins, comments, likes, Talk posts, bookmarks, friends, lists, compliments, and account profile. We may display this information on the Site, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services.
3. Communications: When you sign up for an account, you are opting in to receive emails from The Speed Shop Source itself. If you exchange messages with others through the Site, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site. If you send information from the Site to your phone via SMS text message, we may log your phone number, phone carrier, and the date and time that the message was processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive.
4. Transactional Information: If you make purchases through the Site, we may collect and store certain information about you to process your requests and populate forms for future transactions, such as your phone number, address, email, and credit card information. This information may be shared with third parties who help process and fulfill your requests. When you submit credit card numbers, our third party processor will encrypt that information using industry standard technology. If you write reviews about businesses with which you transact through the Site, we may publicly display the fact that you transacted with those businesses.
5. Site Activity: We may store information about your use of the Site, such as your search activity, the pages you view, and the date and time of your visit. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Site, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
It may be possible to disable some (but not all) Cookies through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect your ability to use the Site. The method for disabling cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings.
3. Third Parties
We may share information about you with third parties as follows:
2. Service Providers: Some of the services that are offered through the Site may be provided by third-party providers. We also outsource some of The Speed Shop Source’s functions to third-party providers, such as tracking and reporting functions, payment processing functions, and other services. We may share information from or about you with these third-party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests.
3. Aggregate Information: We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements.
5. Businesses on The Speed Shop Source: We may share information from or about you and your use of the Site with businesses on The Speed Shop Source.
6. Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site; or (c) protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.
7. Links: The Site may contain links to unaffiliated third party websites. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on all such third party websites.
4. Controlling Your Personal Data
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account if you include personal information in the content you post publicly. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using the Site pseudonymously, though doing so could detract from the credibility of your contributions to the Site.
Please also note that the messages you send or receive using the Site are only private to the extent that both you and the sender/recipient keep them private. For example, we do not have any control over whether a recipient of one of your messages publicly posts it or its contents. Similarly, The Speed Shop Source may also access such messages in the course of investigations relating to Site use.
5. Data Retention and Account Termination
The Site is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. Dispute Resolution